Sunday, August 24, 2014

Simple Truth.

I was reading in my favorite devotional " Morning and Evening" by Charles Spurgeon when I came across this sentence, " Doubter, believe this sure truth-that prayer must and will be heard and that never, even in the secret of eternity, has the Lord said to any living soul, " Seek me in vain" ( Is. 45:19). Isn't that comforting? It is to me. Sometime the only truth I can hold on to is the fact that God hears my prayers ( and some days, even that's a stretch!). I will repeat it to myself over and over. " You hear my prayers. You hear my prayers. You can't lie and  if the Bible is true and if it's Your Word, then You have to hear my prayers".  I do a lot of repeating on days when things are very pressing. I have been going through some pressing times lately, and haven't been seeking the Lord and praying as I should. That hinders my faith and causes me to be weak and susceptible to despair. Not to mention, we've had  a bad stomach flu go through the house and take down each member, so this Mama is very tired. But a good place for me to start, is at the beginning. :) Which is what I'm doing today. Starting back on track. How about you? Need to get back on track? The best place to start is at the beginning. Pray and believe the Lord hears your prayers. Even when you think your speaking into the wind. You're not, your voice is going straight to Him. :) So pray. Pour it out. He is Faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment