Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Welcome! I did it. I started a blog. For those that know me, know this is a HUGE step for me with technology. Computers and I don't get along. :) I am still trying to figure this out...so thanks for your patience.

I have a few reasons why I wanted to start this blog. One,  is to encourage and strengthen women in their faith as well as in their Biblical foundations and understandings. Lately, I had wanting to know Truth. What is it? Really. I was getting worn down and tired of all my misperception about God, lies I was believing, and frankly some major doubts. It got to be too much. One day I decided I had had enough. I thought, "well, if I want to know only Truth then there was only one place to go. The Bible". If the Bible is the Word of God and God can't lie, then the Bible is nothing but Truth. Now don't get me wrong, this isn't the first time I had ever read the Bible. On the contrary, I have been reading it for years. I have been a christian for years. Life on the other hand was handing out some very harsh trials. The past year and a half especially. I'll give you a brief idea...both my parents died, we moved, I struggled with a very deep/dark depression, my youngest was battling a 5 month long ear infection, I was dealing with many physical issues, we found out we were pregnant with baby number 6 and  we had many other trials happen in between these. I was being squeezed. It was bringing out some things I was believing about God and His Word that were not right. Just plain Unbiblical. This is what birthed in me the desire to only know Truth. So I picked up the Bible and any prayed ( and still do pray) two things.. 1). God please show me what is Truth and only Truth. Please give me the ability to believe this Truth regardless of how I feel about it, and 2). Please show me the Real You. Who you REALLY are. What I've been seeing and learning is a lot different then some of the things I have been believing.
I want to encourage us women in what is Truth. I want us to be women of knowledge and faith. To not be tossed to and fro by the waves ( Esp 4;14). I want us to be able to stand against the schemes of the devil ( Esp 6 ;11) armed with the sword of the Word (Truth) ( Esp 6;17). To know the Truth so it"ll set us free ( John 8;31). To grow in true understanding of who God really is.

Second, is to encourage and celebrate us as women, wives, and mothers. I want to laugh, and share life together. Share struggles and frustrations.  Life throws lots of curve balls at us and it's really nice to know your not alone in those times.

I want to be a light shining in the darkness. A sign pointing in the right direction for us. I hope you will join  me on this journey. I haven't "made it" or reached a higher spiritual level.  I am like you, a fellow pilgrim. A sojourner.
I pray you will be blessed.
Blessings and joy..Janice

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading more from you. I have been struggling in my faith in a similar way. Excited to see what you've discovered about who God is.

    ReplyDelete