Thursday, December 19, 2013

Don't forget what it's all about..

We're almost through the Christmas season. Can you believe it! I tell ya, it went fast. I think I finished ALL my shopping today..hooray!

 With all that has been going on, David's heart surgery, recovery, figuring out what to get everyone, then shopping, Christmas has been very exciting to me. The chaos, the stress, it can all be too much at times. I needed a reminder of what this season is all about.

We had our Christmas cookie gathering at church last Saturday. There were many new faces and LOTS of yummy treats to eat. We sat around and shared favorite Christmas meals, movies and memories. There was lots of laughter and smiles. We were also blessed to hear from two lovely ladies. I was touched to hear one share about the true meaning of Christmas. She said that sometimes in the hustle and bustle of the season she sometimes forgets. Listening to her share helped me to remember what the holiday is all about and after she spoke, I shared a few words. I  reminded the ladies ( and myself) that this season is about Jesus. It's about His birth. If he hadn't come, we wouldn't have eternal life. If He hadn't emptied Himself with love for us, come down as a lowly babe in a manger, we wouldn't be able to be with His for all eternally. Yes, the presents are nice. Yes, family is nice, but let"s not forget Who this Christmas is all about.

While you finish up your shopping, getting those last stocking stuffer, take a few minutes to say thank you. Stop, take a deep breath and tell Jesus thank you for being born this day. For with Him....we would be lost.

"Hallelujah,
We've been found
A child is born
To save us now
Hallelujah light has come
A Savior who will set us free
A Promise for those who believe"

" He has come for us
  This Jesus
  He's the hope
  For all mankind
  He has come for us
  The Messiah
  Born to give us life"


   Be blessed...


No comments:

Post a Comment